FCA statement – expectations for APR and coronavirus
FCA statement – its expectations for Approved Persons Regime (APR) and coronavirus
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) set out its expectations to help benchmark administrators and firms using Appointed Representative (AR) arrangements apply the Approved Persons Regime (APR) during coronavirus (Covid-19).
- The FCA recognises that firms may need longer periods of temporary arrangements if, for example, an Approved Person is absent because of coronavirus, or if recruitment to replace an Approved Person has been delayed due to the pandemic.
- The FCA has also published its expectations on the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) for solo regulated firms and for dual-regulated firms with the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA).
Topics covered were the following:
- Temporary arrangements for controlled functions – 12-week rule
- Furloughed staff
- Notification and documentation
- Responsibilities of the Principal firm
Timeline with relevant dates to be logged on regulatory calendar
- FCA expectations were published on 30 June 2020
Impacted firms must note the FCA’s comments and expectations.Click here to contact our experts