SENIOR CONSULTANT (DATA PROTECTION)
SENIOR CONSULTANT (DATA PROTECTION)
For us to process your application further, can you please answer the following question and upload a copy of your latest CV.
Xcina Consulting is seeking an experienced, highly competent, and motivated data protection consultant. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual and provides excellent prospects for growth within a dynamic and growing risk management consultancy.
The ideal candidate will be highly knowledgeable about data protection requirements such as GDPR and UK Data Protection Act 2018. The successful candidate will have a dual role delivering data protection consulting engagements and driving client opportunities within Xcina Consulting, reporting to the Senior Director, as well as leading the parent company’s (Shearwater Group Plc) Data Protection Office, reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer.
- Fulfilling the role of Data Protection Officer for the Group in line with the GDPR.
- Maintaining and enhancing strategies and compliance frameworks (including policies, procedures, registers, controls and guidelines) and executing assurance programmes to ensure compliance with data protection and privacy laws and regulations.
- Performing DPIAs and Legitimate Interest assessments and build and maintain the Group Companies’ Records of Processing Activities.
- Ensuring requests made by data subjects under the UK Data Protection Act or GDPR are dealt with appropriately.
- Developing, facilitating, and delivering training and awareness workshops.
- Being the go-to person on all data protection queries, providing expert input and advice.
- Providing management information on data protection and privacy to senior management.
- Liaising with relevant regulators including the Information Commissioners Officer, as required, on behalf of the Group.
- Consistently advising clients on personal data governance, accountability, and risk management.
- Performing data protection and privacy consulting engagements including audits, assessments and analyses based on a deep knowledge and understanding of regulatory obligations, particularly with regard to data governance and privacy.
- Maintaining knowledge, keeping abreast of relevant regulatory developments and understanding how client activities may be impacted.
- Networking and sharing knowledge through public seminars and writing thought leadership articles relating to data protection best practice.
- Building strong relationships with prospective and active clients across the business and act as their trusted advisor; helping them to secure their business and data.
- Prospecting for new engagements from new prospects and existing clients.
- Achieving and exceeding business development targets set for role.
- Education & Experience
- Must have at least one of CIPM, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPT, Certificate in Data Protection or Data Protection Practitioner.
- Detailed knowledge of privacy and associated data protection laws and regulations including, but not limited to, UK Data Protection Act 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and associated legislation.
- Ability to translate regulatory requirements into pragmatic solutions tailored to the client’s business.
- Wider technical knowledge of information security standards and best practice including Cyber essentials and ISO 27001:2013 is desirable.
- 10 years plus experience providing data protection and data privacy consulting services.
- A comprehensive understanding of the practical application of the legislation and official guidance relating to processing information and personal data. Ability to audit data management systems.
- Detailed knowledge of global data transfer mechanisms and controls.
- Experience supporting and developing team members.
- Able to develop and deliver guidance, advice and training on data protection and privacy requirements.
- Ability to build relationships with clients at all levels of the organisation, and experience in managing client relationships.
- Exceptional communication skills that are especially important in enabling effective communication with clients and colleagues.
- Strong presentation and writing skills in addition to having technical knowledge.
Salary / Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave
- Equity participation based on performance
- Life Insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Wellness programme
- Flexible working
Xcina is committed to equal opportunities for all, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected grounds.